This article will collect some useful Icepak tips.
How to include solar loading in an Icepak model?
The solar loading can directly be modeled beginning in ANSYS Icepak. Here is the procedure:
- Enable Solar Loading from Basic Parameters / General Advanced Setup
- Specify Date, Month, Time and Location information ( Time input is based on a 24 hr clock)
Specify Illumination Parameters
- Sunshine fraction: 0 to 1: Used to account for the effects of clouds which may reduce the direct solar irradiation.
- Ground Reflectance: 0 to 1: Determines the contribution of reflected solar radiation from ground surfaces.
- Define the North direction vector. +X is default North